Rooftop Service & Maintenance
- Prior to performing any rooftop activity for any reason, the proposed activity must be reported to management.
- Service and maintenance of rooftop equipment must be done in a manner that satisfies all applicable city and state building and safety codes.
- All contractors and repair personnel shall be licensed and bonded.
- All equipment, including, but not limited to, water heaters, heating and air conditioning units, and satellite dishes, shall be permanently labeled as to the unit number that it services. Such labeling shall be etched, engraved, or printed with an ink that will not fade or run.
- It is each unit owner’s responsibility to make their contractors aware of this rooftop service and maintenance policy, and any violations of the policy may result in a fine to the unit owner.
Satellite Dish Policy
Prior to any installation, the owner must notify Desert Management and gain permission to have a satellite dish installed per HOA policy.
While a dish may be installed with permission from Desert Management, an Architectural Variance Request must be submitted for approval by the Board at its next monthly meeting. A deposit of $350 is required to be paid with the request, refundable if all conditions of installation are met:
- The owner assumes all responsibility for the satellite dish, including installation, service, and removal. This includes any damage caused to the structure by the satellite dish from installation/removal/service, wind storms, natural disasters, and acts of God.
- Satellite dishes are not to be installed in any manner that is connected to or penetrates the roof, eves, or any part of the structure.
- Placement of the satellite dish must be as inconspicuous as practical.
- Installation should ideally be on a weighted surface supplied by the provider.
- All cable shall be placed to be as undetectable from a ground view as possible, and in a compatible light color.
- Any holes in the stucco or exterior walls shall be properly sealed around cables.
- Satellite dishes must be permanently labeled as to the unit to which it belongs, either etched, engraved, or with an ink that will not fade or run. Unlabeled satellite dishes may be removed and/or discarded.
- Upon sale of property or discontinuance of service, the satellite dish must be removed, including all cable and hardware, and the patching and painting of any holes in the structure. This work must be done by a licensed, bonded, and approved contractor.
- After removal and satisfactory inspection, the $350 deposit will be refunded within 14 days.
- All proposed projects must address the protection of the roof membrane. Any holes necessary to install equipment must be reported. Any damage to the integrity of the roof structure, whether or not approved by management, will be the responsibiity of the unit owner.
- All debris and old equipment from any rooftop project must be removed from the roof. All large debris must be disposed of offsite, not in our community trash.
Rules Applicable to Owners Only
- Short-Term Rental Rule: Owners may lease or rent their units for a term of not less than 30 days.
- Should the unit be rented to a party or agent, that party or agent is subject to the 30-day rule for owners. Both are subject to knowledge of the Rules & Regulations.
- Schedule of fines for violation of the Short-Term Rental Rule: First Offense, certified letter; Second Offense, $1,000; Third Offense, $5,000; Fourth Offense, legal action.
- Owners must provide all renters and guests with a copy of these rules.
- Homeowners' assessments are payable on the 1st of each month.
- A 10% late charge will be applied if payment is not received by the 15th day of the month in which it is due, regardless of the date of mailing. Automatic payment option is available.
- Interest will be applied at the end of the first month and each month thereafter at the rate of 12% per annum on all amounts unpaid.
- Costs for filing liens, attorney's fees, foreclosure costs, and other related charges will be borne by the homeowner.
- Owners must provide association management with a copy of renter's lease agreement, and must complete and submit this Tenant Form.
Rules Applicable to Owners and Long-Term Renters Only
- Each unit is to be used as a private residence only.
- No exterior changes of any type may be made without the prior written consent of the Board of Directors.
- No additional outdoor lights may be connected to the Association's meters.
- Patios must be kept neat; trees, shrubbery and other lawn areas must be kept trimmed.
- Trees and plants in patios may not grow higher than the balcony floor of the upstairs unit.
- No planting is permitted in the common areas without prior written Board approval.
- Only one (1) for sale, lease, or rent sign, two-feet square with brown lettering on a beige background, may be displayed.
- Sign must be posted within the unit's exclusive use area. No signs may be posted in the common areas.
- Antennas may not be installed without the Board's advance written approval, subject to acceptance of liability form.
- All satellite dishes must have prior approval, subject to acceptance of liability form.
- Gas and electric barbecues are permitted on patios and balconies. No charcoal barbecues are allowed.
- Patios are not to be used for storage. Patios/decks may only be furnished with typical patio-type furniture, i.e., tables, chairs, lounges, umbrellas, barbeques, and other patio-style furniture. Patios must be kept with a pleasant aesthetic view from the common area. This includes the view at the front entry.
Homeowners must be familiar with all Rules and Regulations, the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's), and the Bylaws. Homeowners are responsible for ensuring that they, their tenants, and guests are fully aware of these rules and regulations and must provide all tenants and guests with copies thereof.
Homeowners are financially responsible for the violation of these rules by their tenants and guests. All fines will be assessed against the homeowner. If any damage is done to the common area, furniture, clubhouse, or other appurtenances, by any homeowner, tenant, or guest, the homeowner shall be financially responsible for such damage.
The Board of Directors has full authority to levy any of the warnings and/or fines after a legally scheduled hearing.
Any penalties may be appealed to the Board of Directors at their next regular meeting following the date of the violation. If not appealed, fines are to be paid with the next monthly homeowner dues payment.
Schedule of Fines (General)
- FIRST OFFENSE: Warning letter sent by certified mail, with specified time for correction. If not corrected within time limitation, violation is considered as a second offense.
- SECOND OFFENSE: After 30 days, the homeowner will be fined and billed up to $250 for the violation. And if any costs or expenses are incurred by the Association in regard to processing and/or collecting fines resulting from violations of the Association's Rules & Regulations or Governing Documents, such amounts will be assessed against the homeowner.
- THIRD OFFENSE: After 60 days, the homeowner will be fined and billed an additional fine up to $500. And if any costs or expenses are incurred by the Association in regard to processing and/or collecting fines resulting from violations of the Association's Rules & Regulations or Governing Documents, such amounts will be assessed against the homeowner.
- FOURTH OFFENSE: A fine of up to $500 will be applied for each week the violation is not corrected, in addition to the above fines.
The above enforcement fines apply to any future-adopted Rules & Regulations as well as any CC&R infractions.
Schedule of Fines for Violation of Short-Term Rental Rules and/or Subleasing
- FIRST OFFENSE: Certified Letter
- SECOND OFFENSE: $1,000
- THIRD OFFENSE: $5,000
- FOURTH OFFENSE: Legal Action
Rules & Regulations
These Rules & Regulations of the Canyon Country Club Estados Homeowners Association, amended and approved by the Board of Directors, govern the day-to-day activities of the community. More information about many of these topics can be found elsewhere on this website, especially under General Information, Recreational Amenities, and Architectural Issues.
Download the Rules & Regulations booklet in PDF format
The following Rules and Regulations apply at Canyon Country Club Estados to ensure the enjoyment of the community by all and to keep it at a consistent standard. As an Owner, Renter, or Guest, you are a part of a small community, and we must therefore have rules so that we may live together in comfort and be protected in our rights of quiet enjoyment. These rules minimize the expenses of maintaining this complex, reduce the liabilities we may incur, and ensure a neat and orderly appearance so as to enhance the resale value of the property. We also must, by law, enforce the Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&R's). Please respect these rules as an underlying framework for better group living.
Please Enjoy Yourself. You Are Welcome To Our Community.
A copy of these Rules & Regulations must be left in each unit for guests and renters.
- Loud, boisterous, or offensive conduct; loud, vulgar, or profane language; and loud television or radio/stereo playing that disturbs other residents, are prohibited within residences or in the common areas.
- No athletic activities or game playing are allowed in the common areas except for tennis/pickleball and swimming in their respective designated areas. Use of roller blades, skates, skateboards, bikes or other vehicles is not allowed anywhere within the perimeter of the property of Canyon Country Club Estados.
- No more than 8 individuals (including children) may occupy a three-bedroom unit overnight. No more than 6 individuals (including children) may occupy a two-bedroom unit overnight. No more than 4 individuals (including children) may occupy a one-bedroom unit overnight.
- Pets will be kept leashed when outside of their units and cleaned up after. Owners of pets are responsible for controlling excessive barking, etc.
- Fireworks of any type are strictly prohibited in Riverside County.
- Drying of swimsuits or laundry on outer patio walls or balconies is not permitted.
- No pots, plants, or other objects may be placed on outside patio walls or hung from balconies or decks. Plants on decks must have collecting dish under them to stop seepage. And to avoid damage to the decks, plants must be elevated on a plant stand.
- No seed bird feeders are permitted.
- Aluminum foil may not be placed in unit windows.
- Window coverings must be white to the common-area view.
- No furniture or equipment may be moved from pools, clubhouses, or other common areas.
- Tradesmen are not to work in the complex between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m., Monday through Saturday, or during any hours on Sundays, except for emergencies.
- The trash dumpsters shall be used for the disposal of normal household refuse only.
- Food waste shall be placed in plastic trash bags.
- All refuse, except recyclables, shall be placed in the dumpster itself, and shall not be left elsewhere in the trash enclosure, the common area, or in view of the common area.
- Recyclable items should be placed in the blue recycling bins.
- Cardboard boxes should be collapsed to minimize the space they take up in the recycling bins. Collapsed boxes too large for the bins should be cut up to fit in the bins, or should be placed in the dumpster.
- The following items must be disposed of off-site, not in the dumpster: environmental waste, such as batteries, paint, chemicals, TVs, and computers (per state and local ordinance); construction debris; roof-top equipment, such as water heaters and air conditioning units; excessive moving debris, including furniture, appliances, and mattresses.
- It is each homeowner’s responsibility to make their contractors, service personnel, and tenants aware of these policies, and homeowners shall be responsible for violations of these policies by their contractors, service personnel, and tenants.
- All items to be disposed of must be placed either in a dumpster or in one of the blue recycling carts. Dumpsters and carts are conveniently located in six locations around the property.
- Homeowners in violation of these rules will be personally responsible for the cost of removing any of the above-mentioned items and disposing of them properly.
All types of recyclable materials can be mixed together in the carts; there is no need to separate them. Large cardboard boxes must be collapsed and cut or folded to fit in the blue carts. If you leave them outside the carts, they may not be picked up. Alternatively, you can bundle them and bring them to the Palm Springs Disposal office at 4690 E. Mesquite Ave. (near Gene Autry Trail) during business hours.
Do not leave large items, such as furniture and appliances, outside the dumpsters; they will not be picked up, except by special arrangement with Palm Springs Disposal. See their website for information on disposal of hazardous waste, furniture, appliances, electronics, and other special services.
The franchised trash disposal service for the City of Palm Springs is Palm Springs Dispoal (760-327-1351). Trash pickups are on Tuesday and Friday mornings, recycling on Wednesday only. Service on Tuesday is suspended after the "season" until the beginning of next year's season.
- No garbage other than laundry room refuse is to be disposed of in laundry room containers.
- Laundry room dryer filters must be cleaned after use.
- Lights will be turned off and outside door locked and windows closed when leaving the area.
- Bicycles in storage must be labeled by unit number and removed upon sale of your unit. Bicycles are stored at owner's risk and are the sole responsibility of the owner.
Canyon Country Club Estados
Type your paragraph here.
Swimming Pools & Spas
- Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pools and spas may be used by owners, tenants, and invited guests only.
- Gates will be kept locked at all times. No propping open of gates is permitted.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult while within the pool and spa areas.
- Children who are not toilet-trained are not allowed in pools or spas. City ordinance prohibits children wearing Swimmers to use a public pool.
- No pets are permitted in pool and spa areas.
- No food, bottles, or glassware are permitted. No littering is permitted.
- No rafts/floats are allowed in spas.
- Rafts/floats are not allowed in pools if more than 10 persons are in the pool.
- You may not reserve pool furniture by leaving belongings thereon when you leave.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times.
- No diving is permitted.
- There is to be no tampering with pool or spa thermostats.
- Clubhouse may be reserved for social activities not more than 60 days in advance by individual owners on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations will be accepted only if the maintenance fees, fine, and penalties for the unit are current and upon payment of a $100 per day Rental Fee and $250 per day Cleaning Deposit, refundable in accordance with the terms set forth in the Clubhouse Rental Form.
- During holiday weekends, clubhouse may be reserved for only one day. If more than one day is desired, it may be requested no more than one week in advance.
- All social events must be ended by 10 p.m.
- Private meetings of 25 or fewer persons may be permitted with no deposit. However, the purpose and scheduling must be reported to management.
Tennis & Pickleball Courts
- Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., November through April, and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., May through October.
- Play is limited to homeowners, tenants, and invited, accompanied guests only.
- Use is limited to 90 minutes if others are waiting.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets are permitted on courts.
- No glassware, food, or bottles (other than plastic) are allowed on court areas. No littering is permitted.
- Proper tennis attire will be worn. No black-soled shoes are permitted.
- Lights must be turned off when not in use. Gates must be locked when you leave the tennis courts.
- Tennis courts will be used only for playing tennis, pickleball courts only for playing pickleball.
Fitness Room & Saunas
- No children under 14 are permitted. Children from 14 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets are permitted under any conditions.
- No smoking, food, bottles (other than plastic), or glassware are permitted.
- All trash and litter must be cleaned up.
- Lights must be turned off and doors locked when you leave.
No Smoking (including e-cigarettes or cannabis) is permitted in the Pool or Spa areas, Clubhouse or Billiard room, Fitness Room, or Laundry rooms.
- Each unit is assigned a covered parking space. No parking in anyone's space is allowed without the unit owner's permission. Violators will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
- Guest parking is available along Via Carisma and San Jose Road.
- No trailers, boats, or other vehicles may be parked within the complex except for loading/unloading, and then up to a maximum of 4 hours. After 4 hours, they are subject to towing at the owner's expense.
- Overnight parking of occupied recreational vehicles is prohibited.
- No vehicle maintenance is to be performed within the perimeter of the complex except for emergency service such as repairing a flat tire or recharging a battery.
- Unlicensed and inoperative vehicles are prohibited and will be towed at the owner's expense.
- No storage of any items except motor vehicles in the carport parking spaces. Items left are subject to removal and disposal.