Rooftop Service & Maintenance
- Prior to performing any rooftop activity for any reason, the proposed activity must be reported to management.
- Service and maintenance of rooftop equipment must be done in a manner that satisfies all applicable city and state building and safety codes.
- All contractors and repair personnel shall be licensed and bonded.
- All equipment, including, but not limited to, water heaters, heating and air conditioning units, and satellite dishes, shall be permanently labeled as to the unit number that it services. Such labeling shall be etched, engraved, or printed with an ink that will not fade or run.
- All proposed projects must address the protection of the roof membrane. Any holes necessary to install equipment must be reported. Any damage to the integrity of the roof structure, whether or not approved by management, will be the responsibility of the unit owner.
- All debris and old equipment from any rooftop project must be removed from the roof. All large debris must be disposed of offsite, not in our community trash.
- It is each unit owner’s responsibility to make their contractors aware of this rooftop service and maintenance policy, and any violations of the policy may result in a fine to the unit owner.
Rules Applicable to Owners Only
- Owners may lease or rent their units for a term of not less than 30 days.
- Owners must provide all renters and guests with a copy of these rules.
- Homeowners' assessments are payable on the 1st of each month.
- A 10% late charge will be applied if payment is not received by the 15th day of the month in which it is due, regardless of the date of mailing. Automatic payment option is available.
- Interest will be applied at the end of the first month and each month thereafter at the rate of 12% per annum on all amounts unpaid.
- Costs for filing liens, attorney's fees, foreclosure costs and other related charges will be borne by the homeowner.
Rules Applicable to Owners and Long-Term Renters Only
- Each unit is to be used as a private residence only.
- No exterior changes of any type may be made without the prior written consent of the Board of Directors.
- No additional outdoor lights may be connected to the Association's meters.
- Patios must be kept neat; trees, shrubbery and other lawn areas must be kept trimmed.
- Trees and plants in patios may not grow higher than the balcony floor of the upstairs unit.
- No planting is permitted in the common areas without prior written Board approval.
- Only one (1) sign, two-feet square with brown lettering on a beige background, may be displayed.
- Sign must be posted within the unit's exclusive use area. No signs may be posted in the common areas.
- Antennas may not be installed without the Board's advanced written approval, subject to acceptance of liability form.
- All satellite dishes must have prior approval, subject to acceptance of liability form.
- Gas and electric barbecues are permitted on patios and balconies. No charcoal barbecues are allowed.
- Patios are not to be used for storage. Patios/decks may only be furnished by typical patio type furniture, i.e.: tables, chairs, lounges, umbrellas, barbeques, and other patio style furniture. Patios must be kept with a pleasant aesthetic view from the common area. This includes the view at the front entry.
Homeowners must be familiar with all Rules and Regulations as stated in the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) and the Bylaws of this rule book. Homeowners are responsible to insure that they, their tenants and guests are fully aware of these rules and regulations and must provide all tenants and guests with copies thereof.
Homeowners are financially responsible for the violation of these rules by their tenants and guests. All fines will be assessed against the homeowner. If any damage is done to the common area, furniture, clubhouse, or other appurtenances, by any homeowner, tenant or guest, the homeowner shall be financially responsible for such damage.
The Board of Directors has full authority to levy any of the warnings and/or fines after a legally scheduled hearing.
Any penalties may be appealed to the Board of Directors at their next regular meeting following the date of the violation. If not appealed, fines are to be paid with the next monthly homeowner dues payment.
Schedule of Fines (General)
- FIRST OFFENSE: $25.00 fine and/or warning letter with specified time for correction. If not corrected within time limitation, violation is considered as a second offense.
- SECOND OFFENSE: Homeowner will be fined and billed $100.00 to $200.00 for the violation. And if any costs or expenses are incurred by the Association in regard to processing and/or collecting fines resulting from violations of the Association's Rules & Regulations or Governing Documents, such amounts will be assessed against the homeowner.
- THIRD OFFENSE: Homeowner will be fined and billed an additional $200.00 to $300.00. And if any costs or expenses are incurred by the Association in regard to processing and/or collecting fines resulting from violations of the Association's Rules & Regulations or Governing Documents, such amounts will be assessed against the homeowner.
- FOURTH OFFENSE: A fine of $200.00 will be applied for each 30 days the violation is not corrected in addition to the above fines.
The above enforcement fines apply to any future adopted Rules and Regulations as well as any CC&R's infractions.
Schedule of Fines for Violation of Short-Term Rental Rules and/or Subleasing
- FIRST OFFENSE: $1,000
- SECOND OFFENSE: $3,000
- THIRD OFFENSE: $5,000
- FOURTH OFFENSE: Legal Action
Rules & Regulations
These Rules & Regulations of the Canyon Country Club Estados Homeowners Association, amended and approved by the Board of Directors, govern the day-to-day activities of the community. More information about many of these topics can be found elsewhere on this website, especially under General Information, Recreational Amenities, and Architectural Issues.
The following Rules and Regulations serve to regulate the activities at Canyon Country Club Estados to insure the enjoyment of the community by all and to keep it beautiful. As an Owner, Renter, or Guest, you are a part of a small community and we must therefore have rules so that we may live together in comfort and be protected in our rights of quiet enjoyment. These rules minimize the expenses of maintaining this complex, reduce the liabilities we may incur, and insure the neat and orderly appearance so as to enhance the resale value of the property. We also must, by law, enforce the Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&R's). Please respect these rules as an underlying framework for better group living.
Please Enjoy Yourself. You Are Welcome To Our Community.
- Loud, boisterous, or offensive conduct, loud, vulgar, or profane language, loud television or radio/stereo playing that disturbs other residents, are prohibited within residences or in the common areas.
- No athletic activities or game playing are allowed in the common areas. Tennis courts will be used for tennis-playing only. Shuffle Board Court may be used only for the game of Shuffle Board.
- Use of roller blades, skates, skateboards, bikes or other vehicles is not allowed anywhere within the perimeter of the property of the Canyon Country Club Estados.
- No more than 8 individuals (including children) may occupy a three-bedroom unit overnight. No more than 6 individuals (including children) may occupy a two-bedroom unit overnight. No more than 4 individuals (including children) may occupy a one-bedroom unit overnight.
- Pets will be kept leashed when outside of their units and cleaned up after. Owners of pets are responsible for controlling excessive barking.
- Fireworks of any type are strictly prohibited in Riverside County.
- No drying of swimsuits or laundry on outer patio walls or balconies is permitted.
- No pots, plants, or other objects may be placed on outside patio walls or hung from balconies or decks. Plants on decks must have collecting dish under them to stop seepage. And to avoid damage to the decks, plants must be elevated on a plant stand.
- No seed bird feeders are permitted.
- Aluminum foil may not be placed in unit windows.
- No furniture or equipment may be moved from pools, clubhouses or other common areas.
- Tradesmen are not allowed in the complex between 8 p.m.-7 a.m. or during any hours on Sundays, except for emergencies.
- Patios and decks may not be used for general storage, and furnishings are limited to typical patio-type furniture. Patios, decks, and front entryways must be kept with a pleasant aesthetic view as seen from the common areas.
- No garbage other than laundry-room refuse is to be disposed of in laundry room containers.
- Laundry room dryer filters must be cleaned after use.
- Lights will be turned off and outside door locked and windows closed when leaving the area.
- The trash dumpsters shall be used for the disposal of normal household refuse only.
- Food waste shall be placed in plastic trash bags.
- All refuse, except recyclables, shall be placed in the dumpster itself, and shall not be left elsewhere in the trash enclosure, the common area, or in view of the common area.
- Recyclable items should be placed in the blue recycling bins.
- Cardboard boxes should be collapsed to minimize the space they take up in the recycling bins. Collapsed boxes too large for the bins should be cut up to fit in the bins, or should be placed in the dumpster.
- The following items must be disposed of off-site, not in the dumpster:
- Environmental waste, such as batteries, paint, chemicals, TVs, and computers (per state and local ordinance)
- Construction debris
- Roof-top equipment, such as water heaters and air conditioning units
- Excessive moving debris, including furniture, appliances, and mattresses
7. It is each homeowner’s responsibility to make their contractors, service personnel, and tenants aware of these policies, and homeowners shall be responsible for violations of these policies by their contractors, service personnel, and tenants.
8. Homeowners in violation of these rules will be personally responsible for the cost of removing any of the above- mentioned items and disposing of them properly.
Canyon Country Club Estados
Type your paragraph here.
Swimming Pools & Spas
- Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pools and spas may be used by owners, tenants and invited guests only.
- Gates will be kept locked at all times. No propping open of gates is permitted.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult while within the pool and spa areas.
- Children who are not toilet-trained are not allowed in pools or spas. City ordinance prohibits children wearing Swimmers to use a public pool.
- No pets are permitted in pool and spa areas.
- No food, bottles or glassware are permitted. No littering is permitted.
- No rafts/floats are allowed in spas.
- Large flotation devices are not allowed in the pools, and other flotation devices are not allowed in pools if more than 10 persons are in the pool.
- You may not reserve pool furniture by leaving belongings thereon when you leave.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times.
- No diving is permitted.
- There is to be no tampering with pool or spa thermostats.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pool and spa areas.
- Clubhouse may be reserved for social activities not more than 60 days in advance by individual owners on a first-come, first-served basis. No charge for small groups of up to 25 people, $100 rental fee for larger groups. Reservations will be accepted only if the maintenance fees, fine, and penalties for the renter's unit are current and upon payment of a $250 cleaning deposit, refundable in accordance with the terms set forth in the Clubhouse Rental Form.
- During holiday weekends, clubhouse may be reserved for only one day. If more than one day is desired, it may be requested no more than one week in advance.
- All social events must be ended by 10 p.m.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Clubhouse.
- Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. November through April, and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. May through October.
- Play is limited to homeowners, tenants, and invited, accompanied guests only.
- Use is limited to 90 minutes if others are waiting.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets are permitted on courts.
- No glassware, food, or bottles (other than plastic) are allowed on court areas. No littering is permitted.
- Proper tennis attire will be worn. No black-soled shoes are permitted.
- Lights must be turned off when not in use. Gates must be locked when you leave the tennis courts.
Gyms & Saunas
- No children under 14 are permitted. Children from 14 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets are permitted under any conditions.
- No smoking, food, bottles (other than plastic), glassware are permitted.
- All trash and litter must be cleaned up.
- Lights must be turned off and doors locked when you leave.
No Smoking is permitted in the Pool or Spa areas, Clubhouse or Billiard room, Fitness Room, or Laundry rooms.
- Each unit is assigned a covered parking space. No parking in anyone's space is allowed without the unit owner's permission. Violators will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
- No trailers, boats or vehicles may be parked within the complex except for loading/unloading, and then up to a maximum of 4 hours. After 4 hours, they are subject to towing at the owner's expense.
- Overnight parking of occupied recreational vehicles is prohibited.
- No vehicle maintenance is to be performed within the perimeter of the complex except for emergency service such as repairing a flat tire or recharging a battery.
- Unlicensed and inoperative vehicles are prohibited and will be towed off the premises at the owner's expense.
- No storage of any items except motor vehicles in the carport parking spaces. Items left are subject to removal and disposal.
- No parking along red curbs, even with a handicap placard, as red zones are reserved for fire and emergency vehicles only.